Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Bug? UnPublish Later Notification doesn't display the date

Former Community Member

If I use the Publish Later functionality, a notification shows up in the Notifications list which contains the text "Waiting for activation" as well as "Activate version 1.0 on Sun Jun 18 15:55:00 PDT 2017".  The Details view has the date text in the Comments.  This is fine.

If I use the UnPublish Later functionality in AEM WCM, a notification shows up which contains the text "Waiting for deactivation" but there is no display of the date entered.  The Details view contains an empty Comment section.

This behavior makes it difficult to manage the UnPublish Later pages.

Note that the UnPublish does work, so the date is in there somewhere (hiding behind a bush).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

OK - this is Classic UI. The functionality seems to be the way AEM works.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Can someone out there in internet-land try the above and report if they get the same result?  That way I could eliminate one possible cause.

Thank you,

Alex

Level 10

What AEM version are you using. Are you using Classic or TOuch UI?

Former Community Member

Not sure, how do I tell?  I've been wandering around the pages and it looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 10.35.03 AM.png

Correct answer by
Level 10

OK - this is Classic UI. The functionality seems to be the way AEM works.

Former Community Member

That's what I was afraid of.  Is there a way to populate a field that is visible (like comments) using the API? Since we have some of our own UI.  Our code appears to be doing something similar to the Publish Later, where the date does end up in the comments, thus making it visible.