Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Broke access to web console, how to get access back?

Level 2

I changed permissions in the sling security configuration.

.webconsolesecurityprovider.internal.SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider

I added users and now I can not even get the admin to log into the web console.

How can I get reset this and get access back?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured it out. You can edit it in the top window of crx in the jcr:content.

This time I created a group and added that

# Configuration created by Apache Sling JCR Installer
groups=["web-console-access"]
users=["admin"]

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can reset the configuration by updating the OSGI configuration in crx. Open crx/de and update the configuration found here - /apps/sysadmin/config/org.apache.sling.extensions.webconsolesecurityprovider.internal.SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider and then click on save. 

Employee Advisor

Search for SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider in crx/de. You may find it in libs as well. 

If the configuration does not existthen you can manually create the sling:OsgiConfig node under /apps/sysadmin/config folder and add the multi valued String properties named users and groups to that node. Then just update the properties values and click on save. 

Level 2

I can get to the configuration at /apps/system/config.

However, when I try to add a users or groups string it says "No Matching Property Definition Found"

Employee Advisor

I think you are trying to add the properties to the config folder. Instead create a new node under config named "org.apache.sling.extensions.webconsolesecurityprovider.internal.SlingWebConsoleSecurityProvider" and type "sling:OsgiConfig". Add users and groups property of String[] type to this node and update the values. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured it out. You can edit it in the top window of crx in the jcr:content.

This time I created a group and added that

# Configuration created by Apache Sling JCR Installer
groups=["web-console-access"]
users=["admin"]