Expand my Community achievements bar.

Breadcrumb v2 start level changed from properties but was not reflected automatically in the pages

Level 3

Breadcrumb v2 start level changed from properties but it was not reflected automatically in the pages

Can I change the value through hardcoded in html or sling model 

Vishal_S01_0-1697652430295.png

Vishal_S01_1-1697652548000.png

its printing twice Home , so I need only once, so can you help @Community

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You can modify the Navigation Start Level (startLevel) value from the Breadcrumb Component Authoring Dialog.

ConfigurationResult
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 2.34.16 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-19 at 2.45.17 AM.png

Level 3

Hi @Mahedi_Sabuj,

Yes, I can do that manually but I want to Automatically (need to hard code so it will automatically change the start level through all the pages where I added this component ) because I have 100+ pages so manually is not possible. 

Community Advisor

Hello @Vishal_S01 

Is the breadcrumb added to the page or template?

• If its on the template, then you just need to either update the policy or the config via Dialog. The updated policy/template config can then be deployed.
  • If its on the page, then again it might be governed by template policy, if not authored explicitly.

Summary, check the policy on the template. Unless it has been explicitly authored on pages, you should be able to fix multiple pages by just policy update.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka,

I have added them on the pages, but my question here is that I am changing the start level through properties why is it not reflected automatically on all pages? please check the screenshot.

Vishal_S01_0-1697709388522.png

Community Advisor

@Vishal_S01 

You have changed this default value in the Design(Policy) Dialog of component.

This value is ignored when:

- A policy is configured and persisted for the component via template

- The value via component dialog has been added on the template

- Value has been updated on the page

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka , @kautuk_sahni 

Is there any solution, can I change this value through hardcoded and it will be updated automatically on all the pages?  

Administrator

@Vishal_S01 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni