Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Blankpage is coming when opening a page

Level 9

Hi All,

I am trying to create home page component by taking reference of geometrixx site's header and footer components.I have copied all the required from this sample site to my app.Attached is the my project structure and when i am trying to create home page by selecting my app's template when i open it ,it's rendering as blank page.

Can someone help me how to debug this issue and fix it.

Thanks,

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Replace the <%@ page with this line...

<%@page session="false" contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" language="java" pageEncoding="utf-8" %>

Then it works for me...

If you start with AEM6 I wouldn't use JSP anymore, but start with Sightly.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

What information is the log displaying?  

What are you trying to accomplish - are you trying to build a sample web site to learn? 

If so - this is a much better way of learning how to build an AEM web site: 

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/the-basics/website.html

Level 9

smacdonald2008 wrote...

What are you trying to accomplish - are you trying to build a sample web site to learn? 

Followed above article but getting the same exception again.

27.05.2015 22:39:23.712 *INFO* [Apache Sling Job Queue <main queue>] org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.ParallelJobQueue.<main queue> Starting job queue <main queue>
27.05.2015 22:42:10.615 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1432746729696] GET /editor.html/content/ecampus.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.CallTag Error while executing script body.jsp
org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: 
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:388)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.eval(DefaultSlingScript.java:171)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.service(DefaultSlingScript.java:463)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.CallTag.doEndTag(CallTag.java:131)
    at org.apache.jsp.libs.granite.ui.components.foundation.admin.page.page_jsp._jspx_meth_sling_005fcall_005f1(page_jsp.java:186)

Level 9

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Yes,i am trying to build same website like Geometrixx site.

Seeing below exception while page is rendered.

org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.CallTag Error while executing script body.jsp
org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: 
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:388)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.eval(DefaultSlingScript.java:171)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.service(DefaultSlingScript.java:463)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.CallTag.doEndTag(CallTag.java:131)
    at org.apache.jsp.libs.granite.ui.components.foundation.admin.page.page_jsp._jspx_meth_sling_005fcall_005f1(page_jsp.java:186)
    at org.apache.jsp.libs.granite.ui.components.foundation.admin.page.page_jsp._jspService(page_jsp.java:140)
    at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

Level 10

Follow the link that i give you - its a much better way to build/learn a sample AEM site. It covers a lot of details. 

Employee

under /var/classes you can look at the Java-code and see in what line the component fails.

Normally that would give you an idea what is going wrong.

Level 9

my component jsp has below few lines but page is not rendering.I am using AEM 6.0 ,do i need to follow any process to create component jsp.

<!-- <%@include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp"%><%
%> -->
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<%@page session="false" contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8";language="java";pageEncoding="utf-8" %><%
%>
<html>
    <head>
    <title>This is Title</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h1>This is Body</h1>
    </body>
</html>

Please help me.

Thanks,

Kishore

Correct answer by
Employee

Replace the <%@ page with this line...

<%@page session="false" contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" language="java" pageEncoding="utf-8" %>

Then it works for me...

If you start with AEM6 I wouldn't use JSP anymore, but start with Sightly.