Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Blank page accessing with dispatcher due to use a sling filter

Level 1

Hi All!

I'm implementing a maintenance page using a sling filter to intercept the request and redirect if the maintenance page is active. All is working correctly in the author and publish instances but when I access through dispatcher I receive a blank page.

Checking dispatcher access logs, i just see 301 codes, I have to check it better with debug logs but It seems that publish don't retrieve the request correctly to the client. In the publish access log I can see the request correctly with a 200 so, It seems that the problem is between publish to dispatcher.

Any Idea?

Thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you design such a feature, you should be aware, that the dispatcher is returning cached files without checking back to AEM. That means it can return the cache maintenance page while there is no maintenance window. And vice versa.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jonimp95san 

As you have mentioned it's 301, so your request is getting redirected at the dispatcher. Can you check in the browser and see where it's getting redirected and if you have any redirects in place for the URL that you use for maintenance page?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Are the requests are not hitting the publishers when attempted through dispatchers?. Is it possible to share your dispatcher config file/s? 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you design such a feature, you should be aware, that the dispatcher is returning cached files without checking back to AEM. That means it can return the cache maintenance page while there is no maintenance window. And vice versa.

Level 1

Since you've indicated it's a 301, your request is being redirected through the dispatcher. Could you please verify in your browser where it's being redirected and if there are any redirections set up for the URL you use for the maintenance page?

Thank you!
Regards website designer in texas