Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Blacklist list. How to see what was black listed

Level 2

Hello guys,

There's a way to check what was blacklisted or not? We need to ckeck if a Listener was blacklisted but we couldn't find any way to do that.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there is no explicit list of the handlers, which are blacklisted. You will only get this information once (when it happens). It's been an item on my personal todo list to implement that, but it doesn't have much priority. Mostly because we rewrote those event handlers to use jobs instead or any other kind of async handling. Or if that doesn't help, we disable the blacklisting completely.

So the blacklisting is only a hint that you have some long-running event handler. Event handlers should be fast, and time-consuming processes should be executed asynchronously, outside of the event handling thread(s).

Jörg

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

By Blacklisted, do you mean deprecated?

Could you please elaborate your question.

Level 2

kautuksahni wrote...

Hi

Can you please elaborate your use case ?

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

AnkurAhlawat wrote...

By Blacklisted, do you mean deprecated?

Could you please elaborate your question.

Sure, sorry guys, let me explain.

We have a listener that we use to invalidate cache when some homepage is activated, this listener is working pretty fine in one of our authors but is not other ones.

This listener retrieve some information before proceed with the invalidation, we're using de default configuration for "Apache Felix Event Admin Implementation" so,

we're thinking that this retrieval process is taking too long and this listener is been blacklisted.

That's why would be nice if we manage to see what's blacklisted and even better if we manage to remove something from there.

Thanks a lot!

Level 9

Hi Allan,

Below snpashot explains how to configure Event listener and how to avoid getting it blocked. Hope this is what you are looking for.

admin-config.png

Allan Queiroz wrote...

Hello guys,

There's a way to check what was blacklisted or not? We need to ckeck if a Listener was blacklisted but we couldn't find any way to do that.

Thank you.

Level 2

Hello @Jitendra,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, this is the Apache Felix Event Admin Implementation that I mentioned above, but what we're trying to do is see some list of what is blacklisted already and may, unblacklist some items.

Do you know if it's possible?

Allan

Level 9

@Allan,

As far as I know. Events get unblock as soon as threads are available to serve. I have not tried but you could do one thing. Configure event admin and restart your AEM instance.

Let's see if you event handle works after that.

Regards,

Jitendra

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there is no explicit list of the handlers, which are blacklisted. You will only get this information once (when it happens). It's been an item on my personal todo list to implement that, but it doesn't have much priority. Mostly because we rewrote those event handlers to use jobs instead or any other kind of async handling. Or if that doesn't help, we disable the blacklisting completely.

So the blacklisting is only a hint that you have some long-running event handler. Event handlers should be fast, and time-consuming processes should be executed asynchronously, outside of the event handling thread(s).

Jörg

Level 2

Hello Jorg,

Thank you very much for your answer, that's what I was trying to know.

Allan