Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Binary-less replication b/w authors

Employee

Team,

We have following requirement

1. All our assets are in instance A which is not yet live. Around 170 GB of assets

2. All our live sites are in instance B.

3. Eventually we need to move all content from A to B.

And we want to setup External file datastore for our env.

So, can i do the following?

1.  setup External file datastore

2.  Move the assets from A to External file datastore

3. Map B to point to Same external datastore

4. Create replication agent to to Binary less replication from A to B.

Does this sound logical?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That should work, at least from an structural point of view. But crx2oak might have some precautions built in preventing in (for example not to overwrite an already existing datastore).

Give it a try with 2 sample AEM instances just created for this purpose, plus a bit of sample content; then go on to your staging, get the necessary experience and vailidation and finally move it over to PROD.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Jörg Hohmcd​ : Can you please confirm this approach?

Employee Advisor

That can work. But at point 3, you would need to merge the 2 datastores; system B might have different binaries, and you can use only 1 datastore.

Employee

Thanks.

Any idea how do we do merge the 2 data stores.

One from  instance A and one from Instance B.

Should i merge A's datastore to B'datastore using Crx2oak and then move to External datastore?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That should work, at least from an structural point of view. But crx2oak might have some precautions built in preventing in (for example not to overwrite an already existing datastore).

Give it a try with 2 sample AEM instances just created for this purpose, plus a bit of sample content; then go on to your staging, get the necessary experience and vailidation and finally move it over to PROD.