Our company has created several Word docs that we would like to ingest to AEM 6.4 and describe them as Content Fragments. These include Executive Bios, disclaimers, other types of frequently used fragments that will be used in the creation of other assets.
What are best practices in accomplishing this? Do we copy and paste the text into the Forms>Document Fragments option? Or shouldn't these fragments exist in the DAM as Assets?
Any documentation that can be provided would he helpful.
Mark W. Holmes
Digital Asset Archivist
Please check these links:
Hello Vishu. Thanks to you and other replies to my question about Content Fragments.
I think that we don't currently have all of the functionality activated on Adobe to be able to create and use Content Fragments. Can you tell me which options need to be turned on so that we can use these features?
Except OOTB simple content fragment, you need to enable content fragment model if that's wht you are referring to as additional functionality.
You can do it by following below steps here
Assuming that you have the project already created/deployed in AEM -
1) Navigate to Tools > General > Configuration Browser - http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/configurations/content/view.html/conf
2) Create a CF configuration within your project
3) Navigate to Tools > Assets > Content Fragment Models - http://localhost:4502/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf
4) Create a Content Fragment Model
5) Publish the Content Fragment Model that you just created
6) Navigate to your dam folder - /content/dam/<your project> - http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam/myproject. You may create a specific folder to save all CFs
7) Click on Create > Content Fragment > Pick a CF template to create CF (You may create a new CF template, if there is a specific use case)
😎 Open CF and populate content and create a variation, if required, per your use case.
9) Navigate to your content page, click on edit template and allow CF's in the layout container policy.
10) Drag & drop the CF on content page.
How to create CF Template -
If it has to be used as a content fragments, then you need to create them as a content fragment under assets.
1. If they are given in word doc, you can write a service to read the doc and create the content fragments using its APIs : This approach will be useful if these contents are more and frequently created.
2. Manually create the content fragment and copy/paste from word for fewer contents.
Read the links provided in the 1st response and then Lokesh suggestion makes sense. A word doc itself cannot be rendered as a Content Fragment. You can use the text to create the content fragment as suggested by Lokesh.