Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best practice to update the component and template created in classic UI to touch UI without using the migration tool

Level 3

Hi Community!

I have some components created in classic UI, and now I plan to upgrade the system to touch UI. 

I will not use the migration tool and i'm wondering what is best process to rebuild those components, also recreate the templates.

Is there any code example showing the best practice to archieve that?

Prefer some help!

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@zonghuiliu , The AEM modernization suite should be able to help you achieve that. 

Is there any constraint to use this feature from Adobe.

If there is , the only way out to develop a set of custom migration scripts but that would have the following disadvantages : 

• Re-inventing the wheel obviously.
  • You may miss out on certain edge cases that the modernization suite is able to take care of.

https://opensource.adobe.com/aem-modernize-tools/

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

@Harwinder-singh @Sady_Rifat  Can you please review this Question and share your thoughts? 

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

@zonghuiliu can you please explain your thoughts behind why are you not planning to use migration tool built by Adobe?

Level 3

Hi Shashi,

Because i'm considering rebuild some of components with a new logic while some of the components remain the same usage. 

Community Advisor

To migrate from classic UI to touch UI you can keep in mind the following things,

Component Migration:

Template Migration:

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@zonghuiliu , The AEM modernization suite should be able to help you achieve that. 

Is there any constraint to use this feature from Adobe.

If there is , the only way out to develop a set of custom migration scripts but that would have the following disadvantages : 

• Re-inventing the wheel obviously.
  • You may miss out on certain edge cases that the modernization suite is able to take care of.

https://opensource.adobe.com/aem-modernize-tools/