Expand my Community achievements bar.

Best practice for displaying video transcripts on a page

Level 1

For each video I would like to add a transcript. What would be the best practice for adding a transcript which can still be crawled by search engines.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@rsb76 

It can be done with Dynamic media.

"Search engines can then crawl and index the content to make the videos more easily discoverable and give customers additional details about the video content."

Please refer below URL.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/dynamic/video.html?lang=en#addi...

Level 1

Thank you @Rohit_Utreja for your reply, we currently use .vtt for the closed captions and .txt for the transcripts which is linked into the page through the video component from the DAM, I think this process is the Dynamic Media. I've been told this is not being crawled and is not editable, it keeps in the cue identifier and cue times etc with no line breaks. The request is to be able add a text/word file which can be edited either in the component or keep it's formatting from Word to present the text in a more readable way, which can also be translated using third party translation house such as Transperfect and is crawlable search engines.

Community Advisor

HI @rsb76 ,

Are you using any custom component to inject these videos. If yes, then I'd suggest you to use the transcript script field in component's dialog by that you should be able to author it as well.

Thanks
Tarun

Level 1

We are just using .txt file through the Dynamic Media but it doesn't allow for any formatting with line break, it keeps the cue identifiers etc. Is there a format I can upload into the DAM and it will pull through into the component keeping it's formatting or component to allow formatting in the AEM production page?