Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Best approach to show up pages at different levels in component : AEM 6.2

Level 8

Hi All,

The requirement is that the user should be able to select level2/level3 pages from the authoring dialog.If the page hierarchy is something like /content/sample/en, /content/sample/fr and so on. For now, if the assumption is /content/sample/en : level 1, /content/sample/en/pagelevel2 : level 2, /content/sample/en/pagelevel2/pagelevel3 :level3. The count of level 2 and level 3 pages will not be too high for sure, say around 50.

1] What would be the dialog field[ex:pathbrowser,dropdown etc] that can be made use of in this component in the above scenario?

2] Also, what would be the best approach to go about implementing this. Have a drop down and have the servlet get list of pages and show up or some other better way.

Any thoughts/reference code/pointers will be really helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You can use the second piece of code i posted for the multifield of path fields, this will allow you to select multiple pages at really any level, but you can restrict it by path too.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

I may be misunderstanding the requirements, but it would seem you could simply use the OOTB path field and set the root path to the content structure.

<pathField jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Path Field Example" name="./pathField" rootPath="/content/sample/en" xtype="pathfield"/>

If you need to allow them to select multiple then you can put that field inside of a multifield.

<multiPath jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Multi Path" typeHint="String" name="./multiPath" xtype="multifield"> <fieldConfig jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" fieldLabel="Path Field Example" rootPath="/content/sample/en" allowBlank="{Boolean}false" xtype="pathfield"/> </multiPath>

Level 8

Hi leeasling,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for not being very clear.

If I want to show up pages at level 2[ /content/sample/en/pagelevel2 and  /content/sample/en/pagelevel2sampleone, /content/sample/en/pagelevel2sampletwo and /content/sample/en/pagelevel2samplethree and so on...] OR level 3 [ /content/sample/en/pagelevel2/pagelevel3 and /content/sample/en/pagelevel2/pagelevel3sampleone and /content/sample/en/pagelevel2/pagelevel3sampletwo and /content/sample/en/pagelevel2/pagelevel3samplethree and so on...] in a component, how would I go about doing that, because I should be able to select Level 2 or Level 3 pages from a single dialog field.

Correct answer by
Level 8

You can use the second piece of code i posted for the multifield of path fields, this will allow you to select multiple pages at really any level, but you can restrict it by path too.

Level 8

Hi Leeasling,

Thank you for your reply.

If I give the below [OOTB commerce/components/product ] dialog field in my component dialog in AEM 6.2, it does not show up on the page at all, whereas it works on geometrrix page.

<product

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                                fieldLabel="Path"
                                name="./productPath"
                                predicate="nosystem"
                                rootPath="/etc/commerce/products"
                                rootTitle="Products"
                                xtype="pathfield"/>

whereas if I give, 

<path
                                jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                                sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser"
                                fieldDescription="desc"
                                fieldLabel="label"
                                name="./Path"
                                rootPath="/content/xxx/yyy"/>

it works.

So,am not getting as to where exactly is the problem. 

Any thoughts will be really helpful.