Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Automating AEM upgrade (6.0 - 6.3.3)

Level 1

I am automating this AEM upgrade from 6.0 - 6.3 using Chef cookbook/recipes. For this I need to write two recipes. One which will automatically backup the repository content and other will upgrade the packages to 6.3. Any suggestions?

2 Replies

Employee

Tastes like a "recipe" for disaster.

Why automate it? How are you going to trust the results? What data points will define success at each stage?

Jumping from 6.0 to 6.3 will involve a repository migration before you upgrade.

Lastly, AEM 6.3 will be end-of-core-support in April 2020, 5-6 months from now. If you're going through the effort to migrate off AEM 6.0 why not jump to 6.5 and set yourself up for long-term success.

I think automating the upgrade is a waste of time and is something that should be manually performed.

But that's just me.  Good luck

Level 1

Thanks for your suggestion marc. We would love to upgrade it directly to 6.5, but all this, automation and upgrade are client requirements which I personally cannot change. That was a nice piece of information though.