Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Automatically Create Node w/ Properties for Embedded Component

Level 4

We're creating a "form-like" interface in the authoring environment and will be developing several components that are embedded with cq:include into the template. Is there any way to auto-generate those nodes when a new page is created and supply those nodes with default properties? We could do it programmatically in each component but wanted to see if CQ had any built in functionality i was missing. Ex -

With this in our template -

<cq:include path="pageContent/discountOverview" resourceType="/apps/site/components/discountOverview"/>

We'd want to see this node when page is created -
/content/site/../pagetitle/jcr:content/pageContent/discountOverview

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you want to have some components by default on a page, you can create them directly below the template node. When you create a page, the template node (plus all subnodes) is copied to the position of the page you create.

cheers,
Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you want to have some components by default on a page, you can create them directly below the template node. When you create a page, the template node (plus all subnodes) is copied to the position of the page you create.

cheers,
Jörg

Level 10

When you include that as part of your template, it by default will be part of a page when its created.

Level 4

Of course, i was trying to figure it out at a component level but it makes sense that it would happen at the template level. Thank you