Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automated Dispatcher Cache Clearance

Level 1

Hi Everyone!

I have an requirement to clear the dispatcher cache only when there is an need to clear them. The dispatcher cache needs to be cleared automatically when I provide an path as input. Kindly help on automating this.

Example: When I provide the path as input - htdocs/content/admin/gaja/file.1, the cache has to cleared automatically.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Gaja01 ,

To automate the clearing of the Dispatcher cache for a specific path, you can use the `curl` command to send a `PURGE` request to the Dispatcher. Here's an example of how you can achieve this:

1. Create a script: Create a script that takes the path as input and sends a `PURGE` request to the Dispatcher for that path. Here's an example script:

```bash
#!/bin/bash

# Set the Dispatcher URL
DISPATCHER_URL="http://localhost:80"

# Get the path from the input
PATH=$1

# Send a PURGE request to the Dispatcher for the path
curl -X PURGE "${DISPATCHER_URL}${PATH}"
```

Save this script as `clear-dispatcher-cache.sh` or any other name you prefer.

2. Make the script executable: Make the script executable by running the following command:

```bash
chmod +x clear-dispatcher-cache.sh
```

3. Run the script: Run the script with the path you want to clear the cache for as the input. For example:

```bash
./clear-dispatcher-cache.sh /htdocs/content/admin/gaja/file.1
```

This will send a `PURGE` request to the Dispatcher for the specified path, which will clear the cache for that path.

You can schedule this script to run automatically using a cron job or any other scheduling mechanism. For example, you can schedule it to run every hour or every day to ensure that the cache is cleared regularly.