Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto Complete

Level 6

Hello Team,

We have a requirement of having autocomplete feature in Component Dialog Fields (be it TEXTFIELD/RICH TEXT/TEXT AREA).

E.g.

There is list of 100 items like $ab, $bc,$ac ...........$nn.

Now in Rich text/Text field, when Editor Type $, it lists out all as a part of suggestions, when editor types $a, Editor able to see $ab,$ac etc.

Any leads would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

KAP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arvind 

It is some thing that we migth need to drill down. I don't have any reference links/exampls for this.

Ideally it is not recommanded to overwrite the RTE kernal editors functionality. Just suggesting you to write your own function with autocomplete function and call the function in editorkernal.js 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@arvind Where are the list items saved ? $ab, $bc,$ac ...........$nn

And also you are talking about the auto complete in RTE editor right? If yes in below editorkernal location you can see the events getting triggered on typing some thing in the editor. On top of that file you can write your custom functionality

/libs/clientlibs/granite/richtext/core/js/plugins/editorkernal.js

Level 6

Hi Prakash,

Thank you very much for your reply. List of Items to be fetched from external APIs.

BTW, do you have reference link/examples somewhere for similar cases that might help us?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KAP

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arvind 

It is some thing that we migth need to drill down. I don't have any reference links/exampls for this.

Ideally it is not recommanded to overwrite the RTE kernal editors functionality. Just suggesting you to write your own function with autocomplete function and call the function in editorkernal.js