Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Authoring Issue - Parsys can not be selected inside Tab Component

Level 2

[UPDATE 1] - In we-retail project, I was authoring a Tab component. Inside the Tab component I added multiple Image components, Teaser component etc.
When an actual image is dragged into the Image component, the parsys became un-clickable. After some random try, I was able to click the component but the inline editor tools (edit, children-selector, copy, paste, parent etc) were not appearing.
I am attaching a video link for better understanding : https://www.loom.com/share/8488882368d6403bbf486f340b9b8a10

[UPDATE 2] - while investigating the previous issue, found some some glitches which may be related. The overlay for the 2nd image component somehow duplicated and copied to the top-left corner and remain invisible. And preventing selecting other component's parsys (preventing any click).

Attaching 2nd video link : https://www.loom.com/share/547d13c3147a4865bd796b1beaf10587

I am using the non-cloud version of AEM.
AEM version number : 6.5.14
We.Retail version : 4.0.0 (we.retail.all-4.0.0.zip)

Can anyone provide some feedback on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

8 Replies

Level 3

Hi @mahim007 
Have you added cq:iscontainer value as true? If not please add and give a try.

Level 2

Hello @malay_dube ,
Thank you very much for the quick response.

cq:iscontainer value as true - it is already set in the Tabs component's property (In Core Component)

tabs_issue.png

It is automatically fixed when the page is reloaded.

Level 3

Hi @mahim007 ,
I can see one clientLib in that particular component hierarchy, can you disable the clientlib and give a try ?

I tried the same in my local and it's working fine for me.   

Level 2

hi @malay_dube ,

I tried your suggested approach of disabling/removing the tabs clientlibs as well. It didn't work in my case.

BTW, I updated the issue description.

Community Advisor

Hi @mahim007 ,

I tried with the same specs you mentioned above and saw your video. It's working completely fine for me. 

Try to implement in any project other than we-retail, if you have access to cloud sandbox try there as well.

Did you have any console errors or any error logs? check them as well.

Regards,
Aditya.Ch

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku

Level 2

hi @Aditya_Chabuku ,

I tried with other project first, then came to we-retail.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to cloud sandbox.

No error in the console.

Community Advisor

I also faced the same issue. In my case, it was not fixed by page refreshing. And it's not related to the we-retail and my local project. I found this in the core-components-library demo section also.
My Steps:
1. Add Tab/Carousel component
2. Add Image component in every container. Probably after adding image in 2nd container the issue will be generated.
Steps recording: https://www.loom.com/share/807092951323465ea48b6bd5e89d4c28

There is an overlay of the 2nd container image. In that particular area, I was unable to edit any other component. I added a screenshot below.
image_2022_10_17T10_32_25_828Z.png