Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Level 2

Hi All, I'm facing the issue while starting the AEM server(6.0 version). Before that i have trying to fix the huge amount of the disk space issue. For that i have installed the Adobe Service Package(AEM 6.0 Service Pack 1-1.0.zip) and did the Reducing the repository size activity(run the oak-run.jar). After that i'm trying to start the authoring server but i'm getting the below error

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Here is the logfile: 

Attached the full logfile.

14.07.2016 17:01:38.221 *ERROR* [qtp2112089107-30] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
14.07.2016 17:01:38.221 *ERROR* [qtp2112089107-30] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check Authentication

I have checked the Felix console and all bundle are active. 

Kindly help me on this. Thanks in advance. 

12 Replies

Level 4

Hi,

If your problem still not resolved, restart the server once and make sure all bundles are up.Check the logs while start up to see whether you have any stack traces for any bundle dependency missing or so. I have seen scenarios like these where bundle looks started but in logs there will be a Null pointer. 

You mentioned logs are attached but i don't see any attachment.  

Just a suggestion: i am not sure whether you did it on production authoring or Dev Authoring but important thing is always take a clone or backup of the instance and start it in different port and install hot fixes. By this way you can be pretty sure what issues you will face while you are installing hot fixes. Try these hot fixes in your local also. 

Level 2

Stop AEM instance and delete Index files in crx-quickstart folder. restart Instance. This happen when your instance shutdown abnormally. sometimes it corrupts indexes.

Level 2

Just to add more, you can find the all the index files under crx-quickstart\repository\index

Community Advisor

Even after deleting the index files, I see the same error.

Level 1

Hi Srikanth,

I had deleted all index files and restarted services also.But still i get this same error

Administrator

Hi

Please check that all OSGi bundles have the status “ACTIVE” in the OSGi console.  Start any bundles that do not have the “ACTIVE” status and this should resolve the issue."

If the issue persists, you may have to reinstall AEM from a fresh copy, install the update 1 package, restart (wait until error.log shows no more activity) and finally reinstall your installed packages manually.

Also, this could be the case, where you might have corrupted the indexes [Solution:- Stop AEM instance and delete Index files in crx-quickstart folder. restart Instance], please refer to :- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1026290?start=0&tstart=0

Last, check if bundles's dependencies are not present or packages dependencies are met or not.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

If you are creating the instance for the first time, and have all bundles(around 579) ACTIVE but still the GUI progress bar is not at 100% then you shoud check for following things in cmd/terminal :

• MAVEN VERSION (mvn -version)
  • JAVA VERSION (java -version & javac -version)

If they are not proper, install the correct versions:

• Update the ENV VARIABLES/ BASH RC PROFILE 
  • Delete old crx-quickstart
  • Rerun the JAR

It should work fine! Do monitor logs for any errors.

If you had already up & running instance which now shows this error then it may be caused by some abnormal shutdown of server. In that case, cleanup the indexes(/crx-quickstart/repository/index) as suggested and restart.

Thanks & Regards,
Milind Bachani

Employee Advisor

deleted the following and then restarted. IT worked for me after this. Thank GOD

I fix it by deleting the following:

crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/repo.lock

crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/cache.lock

crx-quickstart/repository/index

crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoini