Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Audit Log for useradmin activity

Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to create audit log for useradmin activity (create user/group, add user to group, remove user from group...). I've read an article about adding this config in Apache Sling Logging Logger:

• Log Level: Information
  • Log File: logs/useraudit.log
  • Message Pattern: leavel default
  • Logger: com.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.audit, com.adobe.granite.security.user.internal.servlets.AuthorizableServlet

but it didn't work, try create/delete user but there is no log written. Is there anyway to add the audit log for this activity? My AEM version is 6.2 SP1

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Manh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

For AEM 6.2, You need to install FP-17061 to get this functionality. Open a daycare ticket to get access to it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Check this Helps article

Creating a custom log file for an Adobe Experience Manager project

To configure a custom log file, perform these steps.

1. In CRXDE Lite, select /apps/logsample/config.author.

2. Create a node with below configurations:

• Type - sling:OsgiConfig
  • Name - org.apache.sling.commons.log.LogManager.factory.config-logsample-model

3. Add the following properties to this node:

• org.apache.sling.commons.log.file (String) - logs/logsample-model.log (specifies the location of the custom log file)
  • org.apache.sling.commons.log.level (String) – debug
  • org.apache.sling.commons.log.names (String[]) - com.aem.logsample.core.models (specifies the Java package whose classes writes to this log file)
  • org.apache.sling.commons.log.pattern (String) - {0,date,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} {4} [{3}] {5}

4. CLick Save.

More details Logging

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thanks Arun.

However, I already know how to add a custom log, I just want to know which logger should I insert to get the activity log of useradmin.

I refereed to this article: How to Audit User Management Operations in AEM

Regards,

Community Advisor

Hi,

What do you mean by logger? Package for which new log file would be created. You can try for com.adobe.granite.security.user ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

You might be checking How to Audit User Management Operations in AEM , not sure if this is applicable for 6.2

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee

For AEM 6.2, You need to install FP-17061 to get this functionality. Open a daycare ticket to get access to it.