Expand my Community achievements bar.

Asyncbarricade Nodes | Why & How do they get created?

Community Advisor

The location of these nodes is under /var/granite/async .

Under this location, you could find all the async jobs categorised under months & days.

Along with these folders, there would also be an asyncbarricade folder which will contain all the jobs which have barricaded. It contains information like job-id, userID, contentPath.

After we try a page move operation. It is either completed or failed. If we try to do an illegal move [ moving a template under a certain path which is not part of it's allowedPaths  ]. The job will fail but it will not create an asyncbarricade node. 

The barricade feature is to protect the content from any inconsistency because of a subsequent move operation request for a resource and its children for which a move operation is not completed yet.

I did not find any relevant information on this topic. And I was hoping that If anyone had any information about the same we can post under this.

• Why does the barricade node gets created? Under which circumstances?
  • What is the impact of asyncbarricade nodes on page move or other async operations.
  • Is there any official documentation for the same.
1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @Anmol_Bhardwaj ,

Interesting! Except these below 2 general documents I couldn't find anything else on technical side

However, to understand it in-depth from technical side I would debug the flow and try to understand if any API. Additionally, we can also use decompiler tool to have a look into the lower level architecture.(Specially when we don't have much technical documentation about such)
Regards,

Santosh