Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assets custom metadata

Level 4

Hi,

I need some extra metadata for the assets I upload in DAM to be populated in my asset metadata schema..

Images

1. Orientation

Videos

1. Orientation
  2. Duration
  3. Frame size

Is this possible out of the box?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You could use tools like exiftool or ffmpeg to view metadata of an asset. Below are few commands

Read all metadata

exiftool abc.mp4

Read XMP metadata (metadata from creative cloud tools like PS, AE ..)

exiftool -xmp -b -m -scanForXMP abc.mp4 > out.xmp

Reference

https://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/examples.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

You could use metadata schemas [0] to create the extra fields for assets and apply them to the folders which require the change.

Please refer [0]

[0]

Metadata Schemas

Level 4

Right. I know I am able to do that. But capturing that information is what I am struggling with. Is there any out of the box feature that captures the above mentioned metadata?

Level 4

, Do you want to auto populate these metadata fields when and asset is uploaded? Or do you want to programmatically read the stored metadata?

Level 4

I want to populate them when the asset is uploaded.

Level 4

In this case AEM 6.4 should auto populate these custom metadata fields if you match the schema to the the image metadata value. If you have a namespace which is custom, one needs to create custom namespaces as well

Screenshot 1

1754753_pastedImage_0.png

Screenshot 2

1754754_pastedImage_1.png

Level 4

Right. Okay , so I guess I have to write something custom for that metadata. I am just not sure whether this information could be retrieved out of the box or should I be running the image through a tool like ffmpeg. :/

Correct answer by
Level 4

You could use tools like exiftool or ffmpeg to view metadata of an asset. Below are few commands

Read all metadata

exiftool abc.mp4

Read XMP metadata (metadata from creative cloud tools like PS, AE ..)

exiftool -xmp -b -m -scanForXMP abc.mp4 > out.xmp

Reference

https://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/examples.html