Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to display part of current URL within cq dialog field.

Level 2

I created a component for placing advertisements that is being shared in several containers on different pages of my site. The component has a cq dialog for the author to choose an ad image and insert a link that the image will direct to when clicked. I am now tasked with creating a field in that component/dialog that assigns a unique tag to each ad according to the page the ad is on.

I have tried using js to grab the last part of the current URL and have that value displayed, but am stuck. Can anyone give me a helping hand?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can develop very powerful custom resource types that you can drop into a component dialog. This is done via JS. We have an example of creating a custom resource type here: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Experience Manager 6.4 sling:resourceType for Touc...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can develop very powerful custom resource types that you can drop into a component dialog. This is done via JS. We have an example of creating a custom resource type here: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Experience Manager 6.4 sling:resourceType for Touc...