Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Share Commons - OOTB AEM features availability

Level 4

Hi all, 

We are in the process of upgrading to AEM 6.5.15.0 from AEM 6.4+. We will also be upgrading the AEM ACS Commons and the Asset Share commons packages too. 

Quick question around AEM Assets Commons - Would like to understand that any of the out of the box enhancements that are part of the upgrade be available without significant customization or rather with just config. changes to the Assets Share Commons UI too? 

For example, In 6.5, AEM Assets has a new feature "Dynamic Faceted Search"  that enables the authors to drill down the search results relatively faster as compared to the single faceted search. Now, can this feature be made available to Assets Share Commons UI (below mentioned) URL?  We analyzed and we did not find an easy way to achieve this without customizations.

https://localhost:4502/content/asset-share-commons/en/light.html

I understand that Asset Share Commons is a open-source project and customizations can go in there, but would like to understand a bit more about this given question before we consider customizing the UI for the authors/users.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ Mallik-Vamaraju,

I do not think that is the goal of Asset Share Commons, to reflect AEM Assets functionalities. Of course some of the will be similar or even the same, but I doubt that's the key.

In my opinion if there is a functionality that in your opinion is missing, and you think it will be good to have it in ASC, I would recommend to raise a question on a github:

or you can contribute by yourself:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ Mallik-Vamaraju,

I do not think that is the goal of Asset Share Commons, to reflect AEM Assets functionalities. Of course some of the will be similar or even the same, but I doubt that's the key.

In my opinion if there is a functionality that in your opinion is missing, and you think it will be good to have it in ASC, I would recommend to raise a question on a github:

or you can contribute by yourself:

Level 4

Thanks for clarifying! You are right, there seems to be no co-relation between Assets share commons and AEM assets.