Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Link Share feature in AEM

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Is there is any configuration with which we can disable Assets Link Share functionality in Author?

Purpose is we don't want anyone to share our assets through this Link share as there is no way to track who viewed/downloaded assets.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to overlay /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection node and need to add sling:hideChildren=adhocassetshare

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.09.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.13.19 PM.png

As suggested by kautuksahni​ you can hide this for particular users as well or you can use granite:rendercondition

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi

You can overlay the action selection node and try hideChildren for adhocassetshare but it'll hides share Link option for all the users including admin

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Administrator

I would recommend you using closed user group with AEM Assets for this use case.

Link:- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using Closed User Groups with AEM Assets

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Using Closed User groups we can restrict access to asset folders, but my requirement is to disable "share link" future for the assets.

Level 2

Thanks Arun. Any sample code is there to do this?

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to overlay /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection node and need to add sling:hideChildren=adhocassetshare

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.09.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.13.19 PM.png

As suggested by kautuksahni​ you can hide this for particular users as well or you can use granite:rendercondition

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks Arun.

I was able to hide share option by adding sling:hideChildren=share ( adding sling:hideChildren=adhocassetshare didn't worked out). We are using AEM 6.2.

So  after adding at 3 places, I was able to disable share functionality for assets.

/apps/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/selection

/apps/dam/gui/content/assets/metadataeditor/jcr:content/actions

/apps/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions

Any idea why sling:hideChildren=adhocassetshare didn't worked in 6.2?

Now I will try closed user group to restrict this "share" option for assets.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

adhocassetshare node is not available in AEM 6.2 and 6.3, instead of that share node is there, which you already hide.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar