Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Asset exports with metadata as CSV

Level 6

Hi,

Is there any tool that we can export assets with their metadata as CSV?

The thing I saw that I maybe could use would be the Bulk Editor that allows to export as TSV. 

But in the tests I made it retrieves too much information, for example it retrieves the renditions and other nodes under the asset.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes right.

Building these types of CSV exporter highly depends on different requirement. So one solution may not work for other.

But you can implement your custom one based on your requirements.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @edubey, thanks for the tip.

So, in this case I can consider that there is no OOTB functionality to do that, right?

I was trying with bulk Editor, I can specify it to retreive only dam:Asset nodes, and I can specify which metadata attributes to return, but it is retrieving also the subassets. I'm checking if it is possible to remove them using some GQL param.

But it is a bit complicated for an user to use this, I think that it needs to be done in as custom feature.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes right.

Building these types of CSV exporter highly depends on different requirement. So one solution may not work for other.

But you can implement your custom one based on your requirements.

Thanks

Level 10

There is an asset importer available here https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-tools/csv-asset-importer.html

However, as @edubey mentioned you will have to write your own asset csv exporter