Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset Duplicate Detection not working

Level 1

In my repository Duplicate assets detection is not working. 

I could see SHA1 property is added to the metadata of the asset.

As per the analysis, I have made, once the asset is uploaded to the DAM, we have couple of workflows which is updating/adding some metadata properties of the asset. Not sure if this exactly impacts this feature as there are some changes in the metadata. Again if this impacting the SHA1 value, when i upload the same asset again[with different file name] ideally that asset also should be added with same value for SHA1 prop. 

Can anyone pls tell me what could be the issue or how to exclude the SHA1 value update if there is an update/change in asset metadata.   

Note: Enabled "Detect Duplicate" at Day CQ DAM Create Asset config.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@navneet_77 
OOTB dam:sha1 property is populated on basis of various factors like File name and binary. This is the default property that duplicate detection mechanism works upon. So, if XMP Writeback is enabled on your instance, any changes to AEM metadata will lead to binary update and eventually the dam:sha1 property. However, we can replace dam:sha1 property to a field of our choice, like jcr:title etc. This option is available on Duplicate Detection Configuration (screen shot below)

krati_garg_0-1681378696121.png

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@navneet_77 
OOTB dam:sha1 property is populated on basis of various factors like File name and binary. This is the default property that duplicate detection mechanism works upon. So, if XMP Writeback is enabled on your instance, any changes to AEM metadata will lead to binary update and eventually the dam:sha1 property. However, we can replace dam:sha1 property to a field of our choice, like jcr:title etc. This option is available on Duplicate Detection Configuration (screen shot below)

krati_garg_0-1681378696121.png

Hope this helps