Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset coming as null when workflows triggered through Launcher

Former Community Member

Hi,

I tried to trigger the workflow through launcher by configuring when node(nt:unstructured) modified workflow need to be called(i.e. When metadata of an asset gets modified). I am getting Null Pointer Exception for asset. But If I triggered the workflow manually it is working fine.Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kirithi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.It works for other node,in my use case only it is not working(Triggering workflow when metadata of an assets gets modified in Asset editor page).

For the below scenario also it is not working

cq:WorkflowNode = = "Title of WorkItem"(i.e. Assign to Approver) It is not triggering my custom workflow

Regards,

Kirithi

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kirithi,

Can you post the error you are seeing ?? We will have to see what is throwing null pointer

Regards,

Lokesh

Former Community Member

Hi Lokesh,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the attachment.

Regards,

Kirithi

Level 10

Can you use other nodes? 

I have not seen issues using Workflow Launcher. It works for me as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/Workflows.html

(see the Using Workflow Launcher).

If its only this type of node - there may be a bug. 

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.It works for other node,in my use case only it is not working(Triggering workflow when metadata of an assets gets modified in Asset editor page).

For the below scenario also it is not working

cq:WorkflowNode = = "Title of WorkItem"(i.e. Assign to Approver) It is not triggering my custom workflow

Regards,

Kirithi

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----