Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Are deleted pages ever purged?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

AEM has a great feature, that if you delete pages, then you can restore them at a later point.

Is there any limit to when you will no longer be able to restore the pages?  I.e. after a Tar Optimization or similar?  Will this purge deleted content content?  Or is maintained forever as part of the CRX version history?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC they're kept forever if you don't purge them.

Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC they're kept forever if you don't purge them.

Jörg

Level 8

Here is the doc page about how to configure versioning and version purging:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/version_purging.html

scott

Employee

Hi

regarding purging of versions - you can configure the behaviour of the versions purge service via osgi configuration (Day CQ WCM Version Manager) - default setting is to not purge any versions (but you can change this :-)).

Christian

Former Community Member

Thanks Jörg

What action would purge them?  i.e. there's not a purge feature...

Kind Regards!

Employee Advisor

The basic assumption is, that you should always be able to get back to the latest version of a deleted page (if you delete a page, you will automatically create a version; at least that's part of the authoring interface but AFAIC not of the basic API implementation). Do you really want to get rid of every possibility to every restore a deleted page?

Jörg

Former Community Member

Thanks Jörg

No - just asking the question in case they were to get deleted behind the scenes.  The question came up (would they ever get purged) from a User after looking at the restore feature during Training, and the answer wasn't clear on the documentation.

I really appreciate the response.