Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Are deleted pages ever purged?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

AEM has a great feature, that if you delete pages, then you can restore them at a later point.

Is there any limit to when you will no longer be able to restore the pages?  I.e. after a Tar Optimization or similar?  Will this purge deleted content content?  Or is maintained forever as part of the CRX version history?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC they're kept forever if you don't purge them.

Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC they're kept forever if you don't purge them.

Jörg

Level 8

Here is the doc page about how to configure versioning and version purging:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/version_purging.html

scott

Employee

Hi

regarding purging of versions - you can configure the behaviour of the versions purge service via osgi configuration (Day CQ WCM Version Manager) - default setting is to not purge any versions (but you can change this :-)).

Christian

Former Community Member

Thanks Jörg

What action would purge them?  i.e. there's not a purge feature...

Kind Regards!

Employee Advisor

The basic assumption is, that you should always be able to get back to the latest version of a deleted page (if you delete a page, you will automatically create a version; at least that's part of the authoring interface but AFAIC not of the basic API implementation). Do you really want to get rid of every possibility to every restore a deleted page?

Jörg

Former Community Member

Thanks Jörg

No - just asking the question in case they were to get deleted behind the scenes.  The question came up (would they ever get purged) from a User after looking at the restore feature during Training, and the answer wasn't clear on the documentation.

I really appreciate the response.