Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Apply custom class to List tag <ul> in rich text AEM 6.3

Community Advisor

Hi,

I've a requirement where I need to add custom css class to <ul> tag in rich text editor. The style plugin adds the span tag inside <li> tag.

Is there any way to achieve it?

Thanks,
Himanshu Singhal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Himanshu,

The RTE plugins are always not easy to tweak, to achieve your goal(which very common requirement), there is nothing OOTB.

You may need to create a new plugin or extend.

Some example of creating or customizing plugins.

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI RTE (Rich Text Editor) Color Picke...

AEM | RTE – Custom Styles Plugin – Touch UI – Need is the mother of invention …

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Himanshu,

The RTE plugins are always not easy to tweak, to achieve your goal(which very common requirement), there is nothing OOTB.

You may need to create a new plugin or extend.

Some example of creating or customizing plugins.

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI RTE (Rich Text Editor) Color Picke...

AEM | RTE – Custom Styles Plugin – Touch UI – Need is the mother of invention …

Arun Patidar

Level 6

Hi Arun, Need your support , As i have moved this plugin from /apps/commons/ to other directory under the apps only (example apps/projectName/abc).  I also changed the below path in the style-plugin.js and in datasource.

Plugins popover dialogs - /apps/commons/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker to /apps/projectName/abc/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker

Plugin Popover Dialog - dropdown option datasource and JSON at 

/apps/commons/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker/datasource to /apps/projectName/abc/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker/datasource

/apps/commons/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker/options.json to /apps/projectName/abc/rte/plugins/popovers/style-picker/options.json

Issue : This is always pointing to the /apps/common After moving this plugin in to different directory(/projectName/abc). Once i delete the apps/common then it does not work , It is always looking for the apps/common dialog and datasource. I need to open the plugin which is under the /projectName/abc and i do not want to open the /apps/commons plugin.

Can you please check this. Quick support is appreciated. Thank You.

Community Advisor
Please check cache. could be issue with clientlibs cache or browser cache.

Arun Patidar