Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

APK files to be hosted on AEM for downloading?

Level 3

Hi, 

I got a few questions, thanks in advance for your input:

1. Is it a good or common practice to host APK files on AEM for downloading?
  2. If answer is "no", what solutions to recommend instead?
  3. If answer is "yes", how can we set it up on AEM? Any experiences or lesson learned?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @baoyu_li 

You should be able to host the file on AEM for downloading.

Create a specific folder to host the file such as /content/dam/something/downloads and all your files will go inside the downloads folder.

Now once you publish the file, the file can be downloaded from the end user/dispatcher URL using the path.

You can follow the same process to upload the file that you follow while uploading an asset.

Let's say I am uploading a file at /content/dam/abcd/selendroid-test-app.apk 

then I can download the file by accessing http://localhost:4502/content/dam/abcd/selendroid-test-app.apk URL and it will download the file for me.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @baoyu_li 

You should be able to host the file on AEM for downloading.

Create a specific folder to host the file such as /content/dam/something/downloads and all your files will go inside the downloads folder.

Now once you publish the file, the file can be downloaded from the end user/dispatcher URL using the path.

You can follow the same process to upload the file that you follow while uploading an asset.

Let's say I am uploading a file at /content/dam/abcd/selendroid-test-app.apk 

then I can download the file by accessing http://localhost:4502/content/dam/abcd/selendroid-test-app.apk URL and it will download the file for me.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

@baoyu_li 

Let's answer these questions in a simple way:

1. Is it a good or common practice to host APK files on AEM for downloading?
   Yes, you can host downloadable asset files on AEM utilising DAM assets.

2. If answer is "yes", how can we set it up on AEM? Any experiences or lesson learned?

You can host asset files on AEM utilising DAM assets. for your case, maybe you can store it under /content/dam/my-site/downloads/apk/*

Community Advisor

@baoyu_li  Yes you can host the apk file on AEM in DAM assets. And same can be published and available to download by the same path at which you hasted it.