Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

API call response - JSON downlading

Level 3

Hello everyone,

We have an API service, when I use it to get a JSON response in the browser. The file is downloading instead of displaying in browser?

It is happening on only localhost and Publish environment. It works perfectly on Author.

Is there any configuration settings I need to change to restrict the JSON from being downloading?

Thanks

Tanmay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Please make sure when your API returns response, it should set below response header in order to display JSON

Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

In your AEM Service - how are you getting the JSON - are you calling another service that returns JSON. Are you then parsing the JSON? Is this a custom service that you created using Java?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Please make sure when your API returns response, it should set below response header in order to display JSON

Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thank for your quick response.

We are writing a servlet and exposing the endpoints. It a custom service created using Java and yes, are are parsing the JSON.

To add further to my question, we get a response when I hit the endpoint Author URL, when I try to hit the same using postman, we don't get any response.

Publish and Localhost URL just download the JSON file.

Thank you

Level 10

See Arun suggestion.

Also - in a use case we have in an article,  - we make a call to a service that returns JSON. We then parse the JSON and set our Java's data members and then display the data in a HTL component's view. At no point - is the JSON downloaded. See:

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 HTL Component that displays data from a Restful Web Service 

Level 10

Content-Disposition - HTTP | MDN  says  In a regular HTTP response, the Content-Disposition response header is a header indicating if the content is expected to be displayed inline in the browser, that is, as a Web page or as part of a Web page, or as an attachment, that is downloaded and saved locally.

Hence, check the request headers and also check Apache Sling Content Disposition Filter configuration in /system/console/configMgr or it could be somewhere in your code or specific browser behavior.