Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Apache Sling Request Parameter Handling Bug - NullPointerException

Level 4

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Experience Manager, Version 6.0.0.SP1 and if I try to configure the Apache Sling Request Parameter Handling to set the "Default Parameter Encoding", there is this error in my error.log file

08.10.2014 13:16:17.380 *ERROR* [CM Event Dispatcher (Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=org.apache.sling.engine.parameters)] org.apache.sling.engine [org.apache.sling.engine.parameters(459)] The configure method has thrown an exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) java.lang.NullPointerException: null at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.parameters.RequestParameterSupportConfigurer.getFileLocation(RequestParameterSupportConfigurer.java:132) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.parameters.RequestParameterSupportConfigurer.configure(RequestParameterSupportConfigurer.java:108) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:231) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:39) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:624) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:508) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ActivateMethod.invoke(ActivateMethod.java:149) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createImplementationObject(SingleComponentManager.java:315) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createComponent(SingleComponentManager.java:127) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:871) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:838) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:850) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.reconfigure(SingleComponentManager.java:623) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.config.ConfigurableComponentHolder.configurationUpdated(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:328) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.config.ConfigurationSupport.configurationEvent(ConfigurationSupport.java:290) at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.sendEvent(ConfigurationManager.java:2032) at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$FireConfigurationEvent.run(ConfigurationManager.java:2002) at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:103) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 08.10.2014 13:16:17.380 *ERROR* [CM Event Dispatcher (Fire ConfigurationEvent: pid=org.apache.sling.engine.parameters)] org.apache.sling.engine [org.apache.sling.engine.parameters(459)] Failed creating the component instance; see log for reason

In web console everything looks fine but the parameters are handled properly - there is the default ISO-8859-1 encoding used instead of the one I set. After that I tried to set the "Temporary File Location" to something different than the default empty value and everything works fine.

Could you please fix this? Or at least show the user some error message in web console instead of hiding it in log?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It it is reproducible please file an daycare ticket to official track & fix it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi

Which service do you want to configure? I am not aware of any service with the PID  "org.apache.sling.engine.parameters" in CQ5/AEM. Which version of AEM are you using?

Kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 10

It it is reproducible please file an daycare ticket to official track & fix it.