Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Annotation not working on pages without layout container

Level 4

Hi Team,

Is there any restriction on aem page annotations, that it will work only when layout container is a wrapper container for the page?

I can only annotate on a page using aem OOTB annotation plugin, if the wrapper component on the page is ootb layout container.

Steps for annotate a page without layout container as wrapper component in it-

1. Create an aem page

2. Drag and drop any component, may be richtext

3. Try to annotate the page. - The add event for annotate won't get triggered. Unable to add annotation

Steps for annotate a page with layout container as wrapper component in it-

1. Create an aem page

2. Drag and drop General->layout container component onto the page

3. Drag and drop any component may be rich text component inside the layout container

4. Try to annotate the page. - Able to annotate successfully.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @manisha594391,

Steps mentioned under "without layout container on page" says "Drag and drop any component". Are you referring to custom container component or parsys component. 

Community Advisor

Hi @manisha594391,

I tried to reproduce this in my local (6.5.0) with parsys component 

• Added at editable template level (under structure)
  • Included in HTL via data-sly-resource

and was able to annotate the components within in both ways.

Let us know your instance version and way parsys is added to debug further.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 4
@Nikhil-Kumar The link only mentions about how to use annotation. It does not talk about those details I am looking for

Community Advisor
Which version of AEM are you using, In my current AEM architecture which is on AEM as clous SDK parsys ideally comes inside Layout container. I guess better approach would be to go with the parsys inside layout-container and then annotate the component.

Level 4

Thanks for suggestions team !! I found the RCA.

The issue is occurring because of cq:placeholder class.

The components I was trying to drag and drop were having cq:placeholder class added to there rendering htmls. Henceforth the annotations does not work there.

This is a known issue. The annotations does not work with cq:placeholder. Refer the below community article for details

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/cq-placeholder-issue-with-...