Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Ampersand in resource name causing AEM 6.4.8.0 to freeze when dragging in a component

Level 1

ISSUE

I have encountered an issue where AEM 6.4.8.0 freezes and becomes unresponsive when adding a component into the data sly resource below:

<sly data-sly-resource="${'q&a-parsys' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys', decorationTagName='div'}"></sly> 

I have narrowed down the cause to the ampersand in 'q&a-parsys' as it works without freezing AEM when changing the code to be 'q-and-a-parsys'.

QUESTIONS

Why am I unable to use the ampersand character in this context?

As this previously worked is this a new defect in AEM?

Is it anything to do with this hotfix in 6.4.8.0 AEM assets - Renaming a file using some unsupported special characters like ampersand (&) creates an invalid folder. NPR-29196: Hotfix for CQ-4265037?

Is there a solution other than updating the name in the html file (ideally I'd like to avoid having to update all instances of this resource on Production)?

UPDATE

I have done some further investigation and it appears this also wasn't working on AEM 6.4.6 so it's unlikely that it's related to the hotfix in 6.4.8.0

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sounds like a regression, and you should report that to Adobe support asap.

What was the servicepack you were using previously and where it worked?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1
Just seen this hotfix in 6.4.8.0 AEM assets - Renaming a file using some unsupported special characters like ampersand (&) creates an invalid folder. NPR-29196: Hotfix for CQ-4265037 - might this have something to do with the cause?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sounds like a regression, and you should report that to Adobe support asap.

What was the servicepack you were using previously and where it worked?

Level 1
I have done some further investigation it appears this also wasn't working on AEM 6.4.6 so it's unlikely related to the hotfix in 6.4.8.0