Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Allowed components in design mode 6.5 for static template

Level 4

Hello AEM Community,

We have the problem which I can't understand fully:

Was in 6.3:
When we were working on AEM 6.3, we were using 2 static templates where some components were allowed:

arturl43391132_0-1606829305275.png

And it was working good.

Now in 6.5:
According to repository restructure we moved  /etc/designs/default to /apps/settings/wcm/designs/default. 
As a result the pages created by these templates don't see this path in design mode - /apps/settings/wcm/designs/default. Every change is saved under /libs/settings/wcm/designs/default.
But if we return our templated under path - /etc/designs/default, everything works good.
So questions are: is it expected behaviour or something is wrong? Which path for static templates should be used: /apps/settings/wcm/designs/default or /etc/designs/default?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @arturl43391132,

The static template designs are stored in "/etc/designs/<my-site>/jcr:content/<page-component-name>/<component-name>". Please check the property "cq:designPath" in your templates. It tells you everything.

Article: https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/07/24/static-or-editable-template-an-in-depth-comparison-and-guide...

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @arturl43391132,

The static template designs are stored in "/etc/designs/<my-site>/jcr:content/<page-component-name>/<component-name>". Please check the property "cq:designPath" in your templates. It tells you everything.

Article: https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/07/24/static-or-editable-template-an-in-depth-comparison-and-guide...

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 4

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam,
Thank you very much for the answer.

For some reason we don't have "cq:designPath" in our templates.

But it seems that anyway it goes to /etc/designs by default.

Thanks, your answer is very useful.

Level 3

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam , 

We're using AEM version 6.5.11 and my project pages are created using static templates. If I print design path (${currentDesign.path}), it gives me path under libs i.e. /libs/settings/wcm/desings/default. 
Also I've purposely removed "cq:designPath" property from pages hence AEM as default picks design from libs and not etc. 

Regards,
Meenu

Employee

Did you update cq:designPath property on your pages?
It should point to your real design location, e.g. /apps/settings/wcm/designs/default.

Level 4
Hi @Mariia_Lukianet. Thanks for your answer. Of course we updated cq:designPath-s of our pages, but they have value - /apps/settings/wcm/designs/{projectName}. Under default node we have just 2 nodes which allows 2 components for 2 templates.

Level 4
But anyway the answer of @Kiran_Vedantam was useful, we just returned these 2 allows under /etc/designs.