Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Allow only certain users to access a custom Workflow

Level 3

Hi all, I have created a ContentApproval Workflow in my AEM and want to allow only a certain number of users to be able to acess that workflow and complete it. Rest all users should not be able to access the specific workflow.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Steps:

1.  Applying the deny permission to the workflow model path "/var/workflow/models/<custom-workflow-folder-name>/<custom-workflow-name>" or "/var/workflow/models/<custom-workflow-name>" depending on where you have created the workflow for a particular group.

2. Assign the group created to those set of user whom you which to restrict.

Now if you log in from a specific user, you will not be getting the option for selecting this model.

Second, even if there is any customization that the workflow can be triggered by the click of the button on the AEM UI, then you will be getting the error in the backend, that the workflow can not be started due to insufficient permissions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Configure ACLs according to user accounts to allow (or disable) starting, and participating in, workflows.

Refer : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/workflows-man...

Himanshu Jain

Employee Advisor

1. Will these users be part of same user group? If yes then, are you planning assign to whole group or individual user?

2. Once you trigger ContentApproval approval workflow then how do you want to sent the notification to those users? 

Level 3

1.The users will be part of same group.

2.Through the notification in inbox 

Employee Advisor

If these users are responsible to do content review then you need to think about both approve and reject. 

Add a participant step and add that user group like the below one -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1655204429281.png

They will be getting notification in their inbox once workflow steps will make progress.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Steps:

1.  Applying the deny permission to the workflow model path "/var/workflow/models/<custom-workflow-folder-name>/<custom-workflow-name>" or "/var/workflow/models/<custom-workflow-name>" depending on where you have created the workflow for a particular group.

2. Assign the group created to those set of user whom you which to restrict.

Now if you log in from a specific user, you will not be getting the option for selecting this model.

Second, even if there is any customization that the workflow can be triggered by the click of the button on the AEM UI, then you will be getting the error in the backend, that the workflow can not be started due to insufficient permissions.

Thanks