Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Allow image upload with correct name only in AEM Cloud

Level 3

Hi Team,

Is there any way to restrict the authors to upload the assets in DAM with proper naming conventions only else show error while uploading?

I am using AEM CLoud service.

Thanks,
SD

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SDusane 

I had verified this on a thread few months ago. Please check this conversation https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-can-i-change-the-name-... 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

I tried this but it is not working, do we have any other solution for this?

Thanks,

SD

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SDusane 

I had verified this on a thread few months ago. Please check this conversation https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-can-i-change-the-name-... 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka 

Are you sure it is working in AEM as a Cloud service.

Its not working.

Thanks,

SD

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

This solution worked and the only difference is it worked on Cloud instance but not on Local instance.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
SD

Level 2

Hi @SDusane ,

Can you try referring to this document?

http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2021/01/aem-cloud-service-validate-asset-file-extensions-upload.h...

it checks for file extensions and code can be modified to add specific naming convention check on the file name.

Community Advisor

@SDusane Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community

Esteban Bustamante

Level 10

Hi @SDusane ,

In Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as a Cloud Service, you can enforce naming conventions for assets uploaded to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) by implementing custom validation logic. Here's a general approach to achieve this:

1. Custom Asset Metadata Schema: Define a custom metadata schema for assets in the DAM. Include a metadata field for the asset name according to your desired naming convention.

2. Client-Side Validation: Implement client-side validation using JavaScript to enforce the naming convention when users upload assets through the AEM user interface. This validation can be applied directly on the asset name input field to provide real-time feedback to authors.

3. Server-Side Validation: Implement server-side validation to enforce naming conventions when assets are uploaded programmatically or through batch processes. This validation can be performed as part of an asset workflow or custom asset upload servlet.

4. Error Handling: Provide clear error messages or notifications to authors when an asset fails validation due to incorrect naming conventions. This helps authors understand the requirements and correct any issues before attempting to upload the asset again.

5. Documentation and Training: Document the naming conventions and validation rules for assets in the DAM, and provide training to authors on how to adhere to these conventions during asset uploads.

6. Continuous Monitoring: Regularly monitor asset uploads and enforce naming conventions consistently to maintain data integrity in the DAM.

7. Feedback and Iteration: Gather feedback from authors and stakeholders to refine the naming conventions and validation rules over time. Continuously improve the validation logic based on usage patterns and evolving requirements.

By implementing custom validation logic and enforcing naming conventions for assets uploaded to the DAM in AEM as a Cloud Service, you can ensure consistency and organization in your digital asset management processes.

Administrator

@SDusane Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni