Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Allow author to edit the page but not the page properties

Level 4

Hello,

I dont think it is even possible through permissions but still wanted to confirm.  Can we allow users to edit the page so that they can edit the components on the page, but we do not want user to edit the page properties. I tried updating the jcr:modified, jcr:modifiedProeprties, rep:addProperties, rep:alterProperties and rep:removeProperties but  I can could not achieve this requirement. the option to hide/disable fields in page properties is not option as we want some of the super authors group to have that ability. I guess I will have to implement a custom code to check the permissions/groups and then show or hide the fields on the page properties page.

Can someone provide insights if it is possible through the permissions or there is any other way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can hide the page properties for some set of users either using ACL or Render Conditions — Granite UI 1.0 documentation 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can hide the page properties for some set of users either using ACL or Render Conditions — Granite UI 1.0 documentation 

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thank you. Render Conditions is what I needed. I had kind of forgotten about this feature we have in AEM.
I was able to use it for my logic.

Level 4

Thank you Veena. My use case is not the exact same one but your solution also talks about Render conditions which I can use and customize.