Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEMCaaS - How to handle JPG images in Processing Profiles ?

Community Advisor

Hi Team

While working with the processing profiles , we have the option to generate rendition for PNG, JPEG , WEBP, GIF. Since we have images which is of type JPG, I am trying to see how I can bring in renditions for JPG using processing profiles. Any suggestions is appreciated. 

PS:- JPEG won't suit for images with transparent background . 

Thanks

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

png supports transparency , you should generate rendiotons as png if that is ok for your business requirement. webp is good option too but its support is limited https://caniuse.com/webp

Image Formats Comparison

WebPJPGPNG
Format and Extensibility 
Digital container formatRIFFTIFF
Lossy CompressionYYN
Lossless CompressionYNY
MetadataExif, XMPExif
Scalable CodingNYN
Multi-images feature 
Multi images in a fileYNN
AnimationYNN
Image codingNNN
Other features 
Alpha TransparencyYNY
ThumbnailNYN
Depth mappingNNN

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @VeenaVikraman 
It should work with JPEG

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@arunpatidar  Issue is with some images which would need to retain the transparency. I was told that the JPEG will not help in keeping the transparency of images. While using Named Transform Servlet , we could use .original to retain that, but with Processing Profile I am bit confused how to get that working. 

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

png supports transparency , you should generate rendiotons as png if that is ok for your business requirement. webp is good option too but its support is limited https://caniuse.com/webp

Image Formats Comparison

WebPJPGPNG
Format and Extensibility 
Digital container formatRIFFTIFF
Lossy CompressionYYN
Lossless CompressionYNY
MetadataExif, XMPExif
Scalable CodingNYN
Multi-images feature 
Multi images in a fileYNN
AnimationYNN
Image codingNNN
Other features 
Alpha TransparencyYNY
ThumbnailNYN
Depth mappingNNN

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Yeah. I checked with business , they are okay to use PNG if there is no other way around. I guess I will go with PNG then . Thanks @arunpatidar