Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEMaaCS core component version upgrade

Level 2

How is the version of core components managed on AEMaaCS ?
Does it only get updated when the new SDK is released ?
Or do we need to manage it via our code's pom.xml ? We have added core components as a dependency but I think this is only for CI/CD.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

core components are the part of AEMaaCS, you can check in /libs/, and it gets updated with new releases of AEMaaCS

If you want to stick to a particular version then you have to manage via POM.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

core components are the part of AEMaaCS, you can check in /libs/, and it gets updated with new releases of AEMaaCS

If you want to stick to a particular version then you have to manage via POM.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

@arunpatidar thank you for the answer.

So will the version of AEMaaCS SDK that is running on our 'Program' be automatically updated when the new release happens?
The current/latest version available on Software Distribution is 2022.9 but the release notes says that this version will be available on 6 Oct. Does the date mentioned in the release notes talk about the date when the sdk is rolled-out to our Program ? https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/relea...

One last thing, is there a way to find out the core components version mapped to AEMaaCS SDK version without looking at crx/de ? How to know which version of core components will be in the next SDK release ?

Community Advisor

Yes, the latest version of AEM will update the core components but if you already have your own version then this will be used.

Your Project version of Core components are located in/apps/core/wcm/components

AEM sdk version of core components are located in /libs/core/wcm/components

I am not sure if you can check without logging in to AEM.

Whenever I update aem-sdk to the latest version, I get a newly released version of core components.

I believe only Adobe can answer the question of releasing the SDK for the core components.

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

You don't need to ship it, as the core components are part of the product. And of course all backwards compatible changes on the components themselves are versioned, so you still use the v2 page, although the core components already have a v3 for it.

Level 2

Thanks @Jörg_Hoh - my scenario was a bit different here. I am using a new feature released in Core components v2.21.0 which is not yet available in the latest AEMaaCS SDK (currently it has v2.20.8). Hopefully it would be included soon.