Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

AEMaaCS - Context aware configurations for specific run modes

Level 10

I am trying to add a cloud configuration such that it is specific to run mode 

Followed the doc  and section to set up context aware config per runmode

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/forms/integrate/...

The config is picked up by instance in felix console and is stored under config.author

But this is not syncing to the configuration that i assume should have been reflected at?

I am trying to use a form model with data source and data for data source is below

// Configuration created by Apache Sling JCR Installer
{
"enabled":true,
"description":"Test a Connectivity",
"overrides":[
"cloudconfigs/fdm/test-connectivity/resource=\"hello123\""
]
}

I expect that refreshing the node under the config /conf/<conf-name>/settings/cloudconfigs/fdm/test-connectivity/jcr:content the property "resource" should have updated to 123?

Kindly let me know if i am missing something

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@NitroHazeDev 

The OSGi override would not rewrite the CA config value in /conf nodes. The /conf nodes will have the value what is authored from CA config pages.

The OSGi override value will take priority when the config is fetched via other Services (like Services, Sling Models etc).

Aanchal Sikka

Level 10

Thanks @aanchal-sikka  is there a way to validate that it indeed does refresh by any chance ?

Community Advisor

Apologies @NitroHazeDev  I haven't use Form Data Model. I have shared details based on my experience with PDF viewer.

Could you possibly validate this in the Data Sources ui?

aanchalsikka_1-1716467849690.png

Aanchal Sikka

Employee Advisor

IIRC /conf does not know about runmodes. 

Level 10

So @Jörg_Hoh  and @aanchal-sikka 

I first validate it with the env and his he to be step 1 due to the reply url 

the next step is to export and put the json after setting it with values under run mode specific configs . 

this when on refresh of data sources picks run mode specific while the original connection is not synced with changes under cloud config ? 

wonder if there are easy ways to test it is picking up from config and not the configuration based of which the config author config was created ?

Level 10

Thanks both @Jörg_Hoh @aanchal-sikka 

observed that with CA config for recaptcha didn work as the one for dynamics connectivity (tested dynamics per doc but updated a value at config to validate that refresh picks values set via run mode)

raised a ticket with adobe for recaptcha and ca config overall 

Administrator

@NitroHazeDev Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Definitely helpful , waiting to get confirmation from adobe on the issue raised to close the loop on this 

thanks