Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM6 (Touch UI) How to configure which workflow starts from the headerbar in the site view?

Level 2

I wrote a custom "Request for Activation" Workflow and now want this workflows to be triggered when the author clicks on the "Publish" button from within the edit view. See Screenshot publish_button_on_edit_view.png.

I found a service called WcmWorkflowService but I it does not seem to have a configuration. So I tried to just add a fix configuration via xml inside the project specific osgiconfigs folder. When I look at the service status http://localhost:4502/system/console/status-Services I can see that the is set the way I configured it but it does not seem to take affect.

Service 2920 - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.api.WcmWorkflowService] (pid: com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.impl.WcmWorkflowServiceImpl) from Bundle 486 - Day Communique 5 WCM Workflow (com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-workflow), version 5.7.8 component.id: 1923 component.name: com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.impl.WcmWorkflowServiceImpl cq.wcm.workflow.req.activate: /etc/workflow/models/my-test-workflow/jcr:content/model cq.wcm.workflow.req.deactivate: /etc/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation/jcr:content/model cq.wcm.workflow.terminate.on.activate: true cq.wcm.worklfow.terminate.exclusion.list: [] event.topics: [com/day/cq/workflow/event, com/day/cq/wcm/core/page, com/day/cq/wcm/workflow/req/for/activation, com/day/cq/replication] service.vendor: Day Management AG Using Bundle 405 - CQ Projects - Core Bundle (com.adobe.cq.com.adobe.cq.projects.core), version 0.0.100 Using Bundle 351 - AEM Social Communities Commons - Bundle (com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-commons), version 1.4.144 Using Bundle 486 - Day Communique 5 WCM Workflow (com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-workflow), version 5.7.8

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Problem solved. The configuration was correct and did its job. But it is important to test this case with an user that does not have the rights to replicate content on the content page you test :-) This way the button is labeld "Request publication" instead of "Pubish". Nevertheless would it be interessting to configure/customize this label. Maybe this can be done at another location?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

The Screenshot: [img]publish_button_on_edit_view.png[/img]

Correct answer by
Level 2

Problem solved. The configuration was correct and did its job. But it is important to test this case with an user that does not have the rights to replicate content on the content page you test :-) This way the button is labeld "Request publication" instead of "Pubish". Nevertheless would it be interessting to configure/customize this label. Maybe this can be done at another location?