Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM6.5 source edit plugin adding "\\r\\n" after content adding in richtext inside Multifield

Level 6

Hi All,

the Source Edit Plugin is adding a "\r\n" line break after the content that you are authoring in a multifield dialog with richtext fields in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

I am facing an issue where I have a multifield dialog having richtext fields. and whenever I am authorthing any values using Source Edit Plugin. and saving dialog it will automatically save "\r\n" regex after the authored content init

example:

tushaar_srivastava_0-1672926186731.png

and store like : 

tushaar_srivastava_1-1672926364149.png

and if we check properties in crx node it shows one line break [enter] in porpery.

How to resolve this?

Thanks 

@kautuk_sahni  @arunpatidar @BrianKasingli  @Theo_Pendle 

[Update]
I am reading the richtext value with name.\value, which is having \r\n in the last of which we authored in source edit plugin and I am reading it like ValueMap vm = multifield.getValueMap; vm.getOrDefault("Value",StringUtils.EMPTY).toString()); I am manipulate the string to reove \r\n from the last : 
like: 

String value = vm.getOrDefault("Value", StringUtils.EMPTY).toString();
value = value.trim();

or

value = StringUtils.stripEnd(value, "\r\n");

Could you please suggest me any other optimized solution.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I have used below approach :

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

do we have any dialog level property implementation to remove line break for richText>? maybe cleanup="true"

Correct answer by
Level 6

I have used below approach :