Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM6.5 source edit plugin adding "\\r\\n" after content adding in richtext inside Multifield

Level 7

Hi All,

the Source Edit Plugin is adding a "\r\n" line break after the content that you are authoring in a multifield dialog with richtext fields in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

I am facing an issue where I have a multifield dialog having richtext fields. and whenever I am authorthing any values using Source Edit Plugin. and saving dialog it will automatically save "\r\n" regex after the authored content init

example:

tushaar_srivastava_0-1672926186731.png

and store like : 

tushaar_srivastava_1-1672926364149.png

and if we check properties in crx node it shows one line break [enter] in porpery.

How to resolve this?

Thanks 

@kautuk_sahni  @arunpatidar @BrianKasingli  @Theo_Pendle 

[Update]
I am reading the richtext value with name.\value, which is having \r\n in the last of which we authored in source edit plugin and I am reading it like ValueMap vm = multifield.getValueMap; vm.getOrDefault("Value",StringUtils.EMPTY).toString()); I am manipulate the string to reove \r\n from the last : 
like: 

String value = vm.getOrDefault("Value", StringUtils.EMPTY).toString();
value = value.trim();

or

value = StringUtils.stripEnd(value, "\r\n");

Could you please suggest me any other optimized solution.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I have used below approach :

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

do we have any dialog level property implementation to remove line break for richText>? maybe cleanup="true"

Correct answer by
Level 7

I have used below approach :