Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

aem6.5 saml2.0 405

Level 3

When I send a request to IDP, the status code is 405(Method Not Allowed).  I am new to saml, who can help me to solve this? It is the POST method, maybe the IDP needs GET method?

2 Replies

Level 4

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with a request to your IDP (Identity Provider) in your AEM SAML implementation. The error message "Method Not Allowed" (status code 405) indicates that the server is refusing to process the request because the HTTP method (e.g. POST, GET, PUT, etc.) is not supported for the requested resource.

To troubleshoot this issue, you will need to identify the cause of the problem. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check the documentation for your IDP to see if it specifies any requirements or limitations on the HTTP methods that can be used to send requests. If the IDP only supports certain methods (e.g. GET), you may need to modify your AEM configuration or code to use the supported method.

2. Check the AEM configuration to make sure that the IDP URL is correctly configured. If the URL is incorrect or misconfigured, the request may be sent to the wrong resource, resulting in the "Method Not Allowed" error.

3. Check the AEM logs (e.g. error.log) for any error messages or stack traces related to the request. These may provide additional clues about the cause of the problem.

4. Check the request headers and payload to ensure that they are correctly formatted and contain all of the required information.

5. If you are using a custom AEM SAML implementation, check the code to make sure that it is correctly handling the request and sending it to the correct URL with the correct method.

I hope these suggestions help

Level 3

How to modify AEM configuration in order to be supported by IDP