Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[AEM6.5] Exclude particular folder from search in http://localhost:4502/aem/search.html

Level 1

Hi Team,

I need one guidance in excluding particular folder in content search.

I have content placed under /content/project-content/../..

Chaithra1998_1-1722507796478.png

and the archived content of that placed under /content/archived-content/../..

Chaithra1998_2-1722507863689.png

When I search http://localhost:4502/aem/search.html for specific content it shows the content placed anywhere.

Where as I don’t want to see the content when I do search which is placed under /content/archived-content/../..

Chaithra1998_5-1722509400847.png

means search should exclude the content under /content/archived-content/../..  that means from above image only 

we can do this by using filter, but I want to exculde only one folder from search which is /content/archived-content/../.. 

Chaithra1998_3-1722508562514.png

please let me know any optimize suggestion of achieving the same.

Thanks

@kautuk_sahni  @lukasz-m  @arunpatidar  @EstebanBustamante 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Chaithra1998 
You mentioned that folders, so our assumption was the dam, thats why we recommended to exclude from dam index but you need to add same change in the page index. /oak:index/cqPageLucene 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi @arunpatidar 

Thank you for your reply but I would like to hid the content, the pages from particular hirearchy

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Chaithra1998 
You mentioned that folders, so our assumption was the dam, thats why we recommended to exclude from dam index but you need to add same change in the page index. /oak:index/cqPageLucene 

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi,

The search is based on the properties (metadata) and paths indexed by the damAssetLucene index, by default there is a list of specific metadata indexed, you can find those details here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/se... . So adjust it at your convenience.

Hope it helps

Esteban Bustamante

Thank you @EstebanBustamante 

Thank you for your reply but I would like to hide the content, the pages from particular hirearchy

Administrator

@Chaithra1998 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

@Chaithra1998 you cab even remove read permission for that path to concerned user.. 

As informed by @arunpatidar @EstebanBustamante search results will be picked by respective content type index and apply acl on top of it.. so if the user doesn't have read access to those paths, they won't be displayed in results..