Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM6.5 edit dialogue is not opening in author

Level 2

Hi I have dialogue with 3 tab panels with large widget collection. When I click on "edit" getting below error 

kyasam_0-1657191752629.png

and when I see https://myauthorsite/apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog.overlay.infinity.json , I do see below instead of seeing dialogue details. ["apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.9.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.8.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.7.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.6.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.5.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.4.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.3.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.2.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.1.json","apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog/dialog.0.json"]

I noticed when I delete few of the items in widgetcollection is working fine and here https://myauthorsite/apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog.overlay.infinity.json I see data like and edit dialogue is working fine.

kyasam_1-1657191995043.png

Is there any limit in adding number of nodes in component dialogue ? what could be the issue.

Note: same dialogues is working fine AEM6.1 but issue with AEM6.5

Also it is noticed https://myauthorsite/apps/poratl/components/shop/mycomponent/dialog.overlay.infinity.json is giving "300 Multiple Choices" http status when seen in network. When this request is 200 status , edit dialogue popup is working fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kyasam : Got it, Actually I was expecting that it was a multifield where you have authored huge data and up on reaching a limit you are unable to add more and also not able to open the data. In that case  'Apache Sling Main Servlet  will be usefull. But in your case it will be  "Apache Sling Get Servlet" 

" The maximum number of resources that should be returned when doing a node.5.json or node.infinity.json. In JSON terms this basically means the number of Objects to return. "

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @kyasam 

Can you try increasing the 'Number of Calls per Request ' to 2500 in below OSGi configration 

org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingMainServlet

Jagadeesh_Prakash_0-1657195417703.png

Level 2

Thanks @Jagadeesh_Prakash  for your reply.  Change in 'Apache Sling Main Servlet' from 1500 to 2000 did not helped  but change in "Apache Sling Get Servlet" config for  'JSON Max results' from 100 to 200 worked.

Thanks for the clue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kyasam : Got it, Actually I was expecting that it was a multifield where you have authored huge data and up on reaching a limit you are unable to add more and also not able to open the data. In that case  'Apache Sling Main Servlet  will be usefull. But in your case it will be  "Apache Sling Get Servlet" 

" The maximum number of resources that should be returned when doing a node.5.json or node.infinity.json. In JSON terms this basically means the number of Objects to return. "

Community Advisor

Hi @kyasam , 

There is no limit for adding nodes in the Component's dialog.  Coming back to your original question, please check how JS is calling that page, because I see there is a JS error from the screenshot.

If there is no errors in JS, then there might be timing issue with JS, use below format for content-load operations.

~Aditya.Ch

(function(document, $) {
"use strict";
$(document).on("foundation-contentloaded", function(e) {
// your code

});
})(document, Granite.$);

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku

Community Advisor

Hi @Aditya_Chabuku,

I mean to say that in nested multifield, If you keep on adding nodes than at a particular point we will not be able to add more. I guess it was some ~ 30 to 40. The solution suggested was for that. Apache Sling Main Servlet'

But i guess the issue got resolved now @kyasam