Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM6.3 RTE in Touch ui to support custom tags in source edit

Level 8
Hi,

We are using AEM6.3 with SP2
Classic:-
RTE in classic allows to give any custom tag like (<newtag>ff</newtag>) we can edit this in source edit option in RTE.

Touch ui:-
The same when given in touchUI , the custom tag is getting removed after we submit the RTE dialog and reopen.
Is there a way to make Touch UI RTE accept custom tag (<newtag>ff</newtag>) . Please help as how this could be resolved

touch ui dialog.PNG

Thanks
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If the custom tag is getting stripped it's likely happening from the XSS filter.

/apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

/libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

NOTE : AEM 6.3 is fast approaching end-of-core-support in April 2020. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

Any inputs from any one as how this could be solved

Correct answer by
Employee

If the custom tag is getting stripped it's likely happening from the XSS filter.

/apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

/libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

NOTE : AEM 6.3 is fast approaching end-of-core-support in April 2020. 

Level 8

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the inputs 

I copied from /libs to /apps i.e /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml and added a new tag like below and it worked

<tag name="newtag" action="validate"/>

But have few more issues on this in RTE could you please provide your inputs that will be very helpful.

Now in RTE we have added this tag under paragraph to give an easy to author instead of using source edit

1> When they click on it shows as the newtag from paragraph option in RTE and then click on h1 , h2 tags from paragraph it does not remove <newtag> from text already selected. But when you first try with h1 for new text and then you select h2 it will replace the tag as h2 without any h1 tag in it.

So need inputs here as when we select newtag from paragraph option in RTE and then click on h1 , h2 tags from paragraph it does not remove/replace <newtag> from text already selected to just h1 or h2 tag

newtag1.PNG

newtag2.PNG

newtag3.PNG

newtag4.PNG

Thanks

Level 8
Hi Marc, Any inputs on my previous request will help