Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM6.0 crx2 - issue with upgrade

Level 1

Our current AEM version is 5.6.1 and we are working on to upgrade to 6.0 crx2 following the steps given in In Place upgrade >>https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/upgrade.html#par_title_4

After the upgrade we were not able to build the app using .bnd file and attached is the error encountered in build bundle.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

--------------------------

11.10.2015 23:22:44.966 *ERROR* [10.1.1.69 [1444630963536] POST /author/libs/crxde/build HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.day.crx.ide.AbstractCRXDEServlet.throwError(AbstractCRXDEServlet.java:139)

-----------------------

Could not create bundle. Received 500 (Internal Server Error). Please check that all necessary bundles are installed

-------------------------

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi nvetriselvan

Some Precautions :

1. make sure all bundles are running.

2. Are all the operations active in Felix?

adobe_experience_manager_web_console_-_components

Please have a loot at this post, you problem seems to be same.

Link:- https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/issues/441  (Search for "looks to be the problem").

Look at the comment  "It appears it was an issue with Java 8; I couldn't reproduce it on this computer and then realized i was running this AEM under Java7; switching to Java8 broke it. This should be fixed now. Let me know if it works or if youre still having problems."

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Can you create a new bnd file in the new version and try ?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi nvetriselvan

Some Precautions :

1. make sure all bundles are running.

2. Are all the operations active in Felix?

adobe_experience_manager_web_console_-_components

Please have a loot at this post, you problem seems to be same.

Link:- https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/issues/441  (Search for "looks to be the problem").

Look at the comment  "It appears it was an issue with Java 8; I couldn't reproduce it on this computer and then realized i was running this AEM under Java7; switching to Java8 broke it. This should be fixed now. Let me know if it works or if youre still having problems."

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

We were able to build when we used create bundle for the default app with the default Activator.java alone. But we were not able to build the sample geometrixx using >> com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-geometrixx.bnd

and we get a error popup >> Could not create bundle. Received 500 (Internal Server Error). Please check that all necessary bundles are installed!

and the console has the attached exception.