Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Workflows - is it possible to display something like a snackbar or other notification to the final participant?

Level 2

I don't see any way to do this, and I'm guessing the answer is "no" or  "not easily" but I just thought I'd ask.  In my case I have a fairly typical workflow where one user requests an action and another user approves it.  The action should happen fairly quickly so I was wondering if there was a way to pop up like an "action completed" notification (or action did not succeed I suppose) via a snackbar or message modal or what have you, for the user who did the final approval.

I know they will get the notification in the user inbox but I thought it might be nice to have this also. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @eezo 

As per my understanding you wanted to notify the approver whether the workflow is completed successfully or failed, 

Also, you might be having some process step which does the job after  approval. Is that OOTB Process step or custom process step?

1. If it is a custom process step then you can write piece code at the end which send email notification to the approver or initiator about the workflow status

2. Other option is enable OOTB workflow notification which send email success or failure email notification at the end of workflow execution.

hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @eezo 

Considering your requirement, for sure it requires additional implementation & to get those messages one can get it via workflow data using 

WorkItem workItem, WorkflowSession workflowSession

or prepare such custom responses using services.

Regards,

Santosh

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @eezo 

As per my understanding you wanted to notify the approver whether the workflow is completed successfully or failed, 

Also, you might be having some process step which does the job after  approval. Is that OOTB Process step or custom process step?

1. If it is a custom process step then you can write piece code at the end which send email notification to the approver or initiator about the workflow status

2. Other option is enable OOTB workflow notification which send email success or failure email notification at the end of workflow execution.

hope this helps. 

Community Advisor

Hi,

This can be done by creating a banner which looks for notification every 5 minute and if there any for the user then it simply shows the banner.

1. Create a servlet which get the workflow which requires attention

2. Create a popup using javascript(Coarl API), inject at the top of the page with option to close(DnD) for certian duration.

Arun Patidar