Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM with S3 multi region access point

Level 1

Hello,

We have an AEM instance in AWS on EC2 with the datastore on S3 as specified in the white paper. We want to simplify our DR strategy by leveraging the relatively recent feature of AWS S3 multi-region access point to access the datastore. Among other things, this would enable an automatic recovery of the application in case of a failure of the S3 service. However, 2 critical questions remain:

• Would this architecture be supported by Adobe ?
  • Is this architecture functional ? We have not had the chance to test it yet (soon) but if the S3 connector is not compatible, there is no need to go further for now. Has anyone tried it yet ?

Thank you in advance for your support,
Mélanie

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

regarding the question of "is this supported?" I would reach out to Adobe support.

In terms of general feasibility: It seems that your DR strategy relies on re-building the AEM instance(s) in a different region but re-using the same (original) S3 bucket via S3 multi-region access. This should work, and also from an AEM perspective it should be seamless (maybe higher latencies), assuming the existing S3 driver (shipped with AEM) supports that feature. And that's a question only the Adobe support can answer.

Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I'll reach out to the Adobe support then.